Most (but not all) of our dogs have been rescued from northern communities where they are often hungry… in need of shelter and mostly…looking for a forever family to love them and care for them. Is that you?
The first thing that we ask you to do is to scan the questions below to make sure you understand what is involved in adopting a Paws for Love dog.
Then, please fill out our online application. Once that is done, you may be contacted to arrange a meeting with our dogs, and then a home visit will be scheduled.
There is no guarantee that just because you have filled out the form, that you will get a dog. We try to match our dogs with the very best home possible for them.
Some Things To Think About Before Fostering Or Adopting A Dog
- Is anyone in your family allergic?
- Do you like to keep your home pristine? Some dogs shed, some have accidents…can you live with this?
- Do you work long hours or travel a lot? Do you have time for an animal?
- Are you aware of the costs for vet visits, shots, neutering if not complete at adoption, flea and tick preventative, heartworm preventative food, toys, etc.
- Are you adopting a dog that will need grooming every month? Are you aware of those costs? Have you planned for them?
- Some dogs need training to help them become the best they can be. Are you willing to expend the time and money if your animal needs training?
- Thinking about having a baby soon? Other changes in your life coming up? We expect your adopted dog to be a “forever” animal. If you don’t think you can continue to make that commitment when there are changes in your lifestyle, you may want to re-consider adopting.
- Renting? Does your landlord allow pets? Does he restrict certain sizes? Certain breeds? Number of animals?
- Is everyone in your household happy to have a new pet? Are they willing to participate in caring, feeding, walking the dog?Everything OK? Then on to the application form.
Please complete the form in its entirety. Failure to do so may result in the application being rejected. Thank you.
Please know that this form does not guarantee adoption from Paws for Love. All forms will be considered in the order in which they are received, and we reserve the right to make the final decision about which family our dogs are best suited to.