Maybe you're not quite ready to create a forever home for a dog but you want to foster one. That's wonderful! We're always looking for loving, temporary homes for our furry friends.
We supply the food and veterinary attention for each animal in our care. When a puppy or dog arrives, they are taken to a veterinary clinic as soon as possible for examination, vaccination, de-worming, and advice on care. We supply donated blankets, crates and other necessities such as food, dishes, and toys. We also supply shampoo, conditioners, special medicated shampoo if necessary, and medication if needed. Foster parents are guided through the adoption process and are supplied with adoption forms and/or other screening tools.
Copy and paste the following onto the body of your email and fill it in there. We'll still take the time to read through your application!
When done, print FOSTER APPLICATION in the subject of your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Your full name, address, email address, and phone number:
2. Your age and place of employment:
3. Name and contact info of personal reference:
4. List the number of dogs and cats you have. Are they all neutered/spayed? Are their vaccinations up to date?
5. Do your dogs get along with other dogs? Are your cats dog savvy?
6. Are you willing and able to transport your foster dog to approved clinics for booster shots or other medical needs that may arise while the animal is in your care?
7. Do you prefer to foster adult dogs? Puppies? Both?
8. Do you have a fully fenced in yard? If so, please provide dimensions:
9. Do you have children? Provide age of each child:
10. Please describe your thoughts about the most important responsibilities for a foster parent:
11. Are you willing to work with the foster dog on housebreaking issues or other issues that may arise (i.e. medications, de-worming, bathing, chewing/teething, etc.)
12. On average how many hours will your foster dog be alone during weekdays? Weekends? Evenings? Where will the dog/puppy(ies) spend most of the day?